Monday, August 10, 2026

Someone asked me where I'm from. I said I'm from China. Actually, I wonder, why didn't I say Singapore, or at least - China & Singapore.

I think, it is because I am actually ashamed of my own country. Then again, suddenly in this sentence, my own country becomes Singapore, instead of China.

I truly think I am an ass. I code switch like some traitor. Whomever called me an ass in my early adult years, I forgot who you are, but you may be right.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA I blog funnyy...

But, actually, it is not funny at all. Nothing is ever funny and nothing is funny anymore.

I feel like I don't respect myself as a Singaporean, because instead of respect, I actually feel a lot of shame. Not even a little shame. A lot, actually. When I walk along the streets of Singapore, I am constantly trying to fake smile, shake ass, or listen to music, because deep inside, I am not happy.

Either I look down on myself as a Singaporean, or, I look down on Singapore. Either or - both are terrible. I know it. But, I don't want to do anything about it. To put it simply for myself, since this is my blog, I don't want to learn to feel anything new as a Singaporean. And. I don't know why.

But it is weird, I felt something - but I don't know what it is - when I spoke to my MP in Sengkang. I think, I felt...a sense of community? The feeling is definitely NOT FRIENDSHIP. Probably, as I said, community bonding?

With my darling Singaporean friends, I felt friendship, warmth (questionable and debatable but not for today), & a sparkle of...sincerity? Then again, I suspect Singaporeans never understood sincerity. Not that I ever had any sincerity values too...maybe I have... who knows.

My millennial friend introduced a word for my feelings - "suss". He had a Gen Z daughter and anything that felt off, shall be "suss". HAHAHAHAHA.

So, am I a banana? Or am I a plate of ju chong feng? HAHAHAHAHA I REALLY DO BLOG FUNNY KUDOS TO MYSELF I MAKE MYSELF LAUGH....

Till then nanas...

P.S. Very Proud of myself for being to specifically state my feelings at every point in my life, good or bad. DAMN FUCKING PROUD.

No comments: